Voice & Conversation Design is still a relatively new field. This not only brings challenges but also brings exciting and innovative opportunities.
Leverage these opportunities by becoming a Conversation Designer. Acquire neat skills to design conversational interfaces end-to-end using industry methods. Under the guidance of a seasoned mentor, you’ll build a complete chatbot and an Alexa Skill which solves a real-world problem using step-by-step approach of our curriculum.
Want a call back?
Solve real problems using words
Learn to lead the user towards their goals and satisfy their needs through your chatbot.
Master UX Writing Principles
Designing conversations will push you to improve the bot responses and the clarity of its sentences.
Create realistic voice prototypes
Translate your ideas into designing working chatbot and voice assistant prototypes.
Cultivate Usability testing skills
Learn methods to test the usability of your chatbot and voice assistant.
Become a Conversation Designer
Get an in-depth understanding of the conversation design process from user research to developer hand-off.
Create an Alexa Skill
Own your own skill prototype which you can publish as an Alexa skill to the world.
Construct your own Chatbot
Demonstrate your UX writing skills through your chatbot prototype.
Lifetime career opportunities
Showcase your work experience and your case studies in our Portfolio.
Gain access to our jobs board and Detaux Community to find endless opportunities.
Build a Conversational Design Portfolio
Showcase your work experience and flex your case studies in your portfolio.
How is this course conducted?
1 Choose one project from a pool
2 Learn from mentor and live prototypes from curriculum
3 Perform activities under a mentor
4 After completion of project, present your case study to jury
5 Receive certificate
What will you learn?
Orientation and Course Plan
- Activities in the course
- Course Outcomes and Learner Goals
- Onboarding on the tools
- Brief Overview of the Course Conduct
- Learner Engagement Activity
Introduction to Conversation Design
- What is Interaction Design?
- What is Conversational Interface Design?
- Types of Conversational Experiences
- User Experience benefits of Chatbots
- Working of Conversational Interfaces
Designing Chatbot Conversations
- Prototyping Chatbot Conversations
- Conversation Design Process
- Strategizing Project Features & Use cases
- User research & Analysis
- Chatbot Terminologies
- Grice’s Maxims
- UX Writing Principles
- Co-operative Principles
- Application & Examples of Co-operative Principles
- Variations in Chatbot Responses
- Handling single and multiple responses
- Types of Conversational Components
- Handling Errors
- 3-Step Personalization model
- Flow Diagram
Handling Special User Responses
- Handling out-of topic questions from users
- Handling internet errors
- Handling slangs
- Handling Abandoned cases
- Modifying chatbot responses
Designing Chatbot Edge Cases
- Handling off-topic Chatbot responses
- Types of errors in Conversational Interface
- Handling errors
- Error Encouters
- System Errors
Designing Alexa Voice Assistance
- Differences between Alexa and Chatbot
- Features of Alexa
- Guidelines for Designing Alexa skill
- One-Breath Test
- Prototyping Alexa skill
Visual Design & Developer Hand-off
- Visual Design
- Best Practices in Chatbot UI Design
- Developer Hand-off Process
- Chatbot Analytics
- Chatbot Usability Testing using Analytic Tools
Jury & Placement Assistance
- Placement orientation
- Interview process for UX UI design roles
- Interview Preparations
- Jury Presentation
- Mock Interviews
Is this course for you?
The course aims to create a robust foundation for anyone who wants to start a career in design. Thus, anyone can join this course regardless of their profession.
If you have just started with UI/UX Design and want to specialise in designing conversational interfaces like chatbots and Alexa skills, dive into this interesting and challenging course.
Do you want to utilize your clear and concise writing skills in designing the future of voice and conversational experiences? This course has everything to get you started.
You want to get into design and want to channelize your amazing writing skills to create engaging experiences.. This course will significantly help you open up your mind to a new creative field.
Building robust machine learning algorithms has made you yearn for learning a user’s emotional needs and behavior so that you can build user-friendly systems, this course will get you started.
What roles will you be eligible for?
A conversational designer takes several disciplines like Interaction design, copywriting and visual design to create a natural conversational interface for the users.
A UX writer plans and writes the microcopy in apps, websites, and other various digital products users need to navigate a product.
Best In-Class Mentors
Learn about the latest design methods and strategies followed in the industry from experienced storytellers.
With over 3 years of experience, Namratha has specialised in conversational design for voice assistants and chatbots. Research, data-driven design & UX Strategy are her favourites! “
VUI Designer at Nykaa
“I’m passionate about building great products that make people’s lives easier with the power of Data & Design. I have 4 years of experience strategizing innovative digital experiences.”
Lead Designer at Peepal Design
Get a certificate worth flaunting
Our Notch Report reflects your design skills which helps potential recruiters and peers get deeper insights into your skills as a designer.
Frequently asked questions
- Understanding of Conversation UX UI Design Process and Principles
- UX Writing Skills and Ability to write sample dialogue drafts
- Understanding of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design Skills for Mobile/ Web UX.
- Usability Testing Techniques for Conversational Interfaces
- Leverage Conversational Components to create engaging and understandable chatbot responses
- Understanding of how NLP, NLU, Machine Learning Technology impacts User Experience
- Visual Design Skills specific to Conversation UX Design
- Prototyping Tools like Voiceflow for Conversational Interfaces