Augmented Reality is the fastest-growing field, providing new opportunities to shape 3D interactions that were limited to the 2D screens of our devices. Learn a new perspective on how we interact with our world in the Augmented Reality Design Course.
Learn a new perspective on how we can interact with our world under the guidance of a seasoned mentor, you’ll learn to design immersive AR apps that can solve real-world problems using a step-by-step approach to our curriculum.
Want a callback?
Create futuristic AR experiences
Learn the art of designing immersive experiences that are going to impact billions of lives in the future.
Master the principles of Spatial design
Designing with Space and 3D materials will guide you to improve clarity in designing for both the Real and Virtual worlds.
Solve real problems
Design immersive products that solve problems and lead the user towards their goals, using 3D interfaces and interactions.
Learn usability Heuristics of AR
Validate your designs by applying AR heuristics, leading to more riveting and comfortable user experiences.
Be an AR UX Designer
Enhance your capabilities of designing AR products end-to-end by utilizing in-depth principles of AR Design
Grasp AR Design workflow
By following the design process from research to developer handoff, be future-ready to design AR products.
Solve Spatial Challenges
Create immersive environments by understanding the nuances of virtual elements and real objects.
Write Case Studies
Add more value to your design portfolio by adding AR UX case studies and showcasing your Design thinking capabilities.
Acquire quantified evaluation of your design skills through jury and certification.
Lifetime career opportunities
Gain access to our jobs board and Dtalks Community to find endless opportunities.
How is this course conducted?
Choose one project from a pool of problem briefs
Learn from mentors and live prototypes from the curriculum
Perform activities under a mentor
After completion of the project, present your case study to the jury
What will you learn?
- Activities in the course
- Course Outcomes and Learner Goals
- Onboarding on the tools
- Brief Overview of the Course Conduct
- Learner Engagement Activity
Introduction to AR Design
- XR Landscape
- Understanding the importance of AR and UX design
- Use cases of AR products
- AR App explorations
- Introduction to problem briefs
- Design Thinking Process
- Creating Questionnaires for carrying out user interviews
- Conducting User Research
- Affinity mapping
- Analysis & Personas
- User Journey Mapping
- Relating mental model with User Personas
- Components of Journey Map
- Creating Scenarios
- Creating Scene flows
- Storyline Creation
- Sketching for Storyboards in Augmented Reality
- Logic of Narration
- Scene Navigation
- Scene Layout
- Elements of Interaction Design
- Designing similar Interactions for 2 worlds
- Interaction Patterns
- Ergonomics Guidelines
- AR Space Design
AR Prototyping Tools
- Basics of AR prototyping
- Types of AR experiences
- Understanding of 3D Asset types and their use cases
- Adding Audio
- Actions & Triggers
- Content Inventory Management & Strategy
- Downloading Assets
- Creation of 3D Assets
- Editing 3D Mesh
- Adding color & Export
- Document AR Behaviours
- Usability in AR
- Understanding AR Heuristics
- Conducting Heuristics Evaluation for AR experiences
- Scene Refinements
Color, Texture and Materials
- Colours & Texture in AR
- Colour Psychology
- Application & Examples of Visual Principles in AR
- Material Designing
- Visual Refinements
Typography & Developer Handoff
- Text Anchor, Color and Size
- Application & Examples of AR Typography and Legibility
- Typeface Selection
- Developer Handoff Guidelines
- Mentor Review
Case Study Compilation
- Portfolio preparation
- Case study writing
- Understanding & creating AR Case study Structure
- Publishing Case study
- Peer Review
Portfolio & Jury
- Resume Creation
- Understanding of Portfolio Structure & guidelines
- UX design interview
- Portfolio Review
- Jury Presentation
- Placement orientation
- The interview process for AR UX design roles
- Interview preparations
- Mock Interviews
- Dos and Don’ts
Is this course for you?
The course aims to create a robust foundation for anyone who wants to start a career in design.
Thus, anyone can join this course regardless of their profession.
If you have just started with UI/UX Design and want to specialize in designing AR experiences, dive into this interesting and challenging course.
Interior Designers & Architects
Apply your space design principles and create a new dimension for Augmented reality experiences! This course offers a game-changing skillset for you.
Do you want to utilize your clear and concise visualization skills in designing the future of Augmented Reality experiences? This course has everything to get you started.
Integrate your 3D capabilities, form, function, and product design skillset and design meaningful products, This course will help you upskill your design methodology.
You want to get into design and want to channel your amazing visual skills to create immersive experiences, This course will significantly help you open up your mind to a new creative field.
What roles will you be eligible for?
AR UX Designer
Design products that offer meaningful experiences, to enhance the physical world by designing media and by providing design inputs.
Visual / 3D UI designers
3D designers are the modelling, Colour, material and texture specialists and they create concepts, 3D assets and layouts for AR experiences.
AR Interaction/ Prototyper
Designing prototypes and creating interactions for an enhanced experience of products, working with various prototyping tools/ coding platforms.
Related Reads For Your Learning
A certificate worth your effort
Our certificate reflects your design skills which helps potential recruiter and peer get deeper insights into your skills as a designer
Frequently asked questions
- Problem Solving Skills and the ability to find out the best solution to real-world problems.
- 3D Visualisation and Spatial intelligence for producing valuable products.
- Understanding of AR Design Process and Principles.
- Knowledge of Ergonomics to match the user’s perspective.
- Understanding of Human-Machine Interaction and Interaction Design Skills in 3D space.
- Prototyping Tools like Adobe Aero, Lens studio, Spark AR, or Reality composer.
- UX Writing Skills and Ability to Analyze information & Insights.
- Storytelling skillset for narrating meaningful storyboards
- Design & Prototyping phase- minimum requirements A laptop with (7th gen. CPU/Windows 10 (64 bit)/ 8GB RAM/ 2GB graphics/128GB SSD)
- Preview Phase- Any Adobe Aero supported mobile device